The Goal: To wear the same dress every day for the entire month of October.
(I'm not completely crazy... my roommate is doing it to. Power in numbers)
The Rules: As long as I'm wearing the dress there are no rules. I can wash it as often as I like (and believe me it will be often) and I can cover it up as much as necessary.
The Exception: Sarah and I have given each other permission to dress up in Halloween costumes that do not necessarily contain The Dress. I have a deeply fabulous Tinkerbell dress I'm working on.
The Reasons are three, as follows:
- It's breast cancer awareness month and I don't own enough pink to wear that every day.
- I saw a study online that stated, 'Women only wear about 1/3 of the clothes they own.' I'm using this as my own little experiment to see how true this is. Any clothes I don't miss will be donated at the end of the month. I chose a dress that I've only worn once in the year that I've owned it and I'm pairing it with things I previously never would have worn together. I tend to be a bit of a shopaholic...
- "Therefore I tell you, do now worry about your life, what your will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? ...And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these... Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
No comments:
Post a Comment