Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Nov 23

I had known for a little while that something was strange.  My mom kept going to the hospital, but she wasn't sick and she was getting really fat.  Maybe the doctors were trying to pop the balloon in her stomach.  My parents kept saying these two words over and over again and I still had no idea what they meant.  The words were "baby" and "sister."  Apparently the thing in my mom's belly was called a baby and it was going to turn me into a sister.  One day I got to go to the hospital too.  My mom was lying in bed and she looked really tired.  My dad sat me down in a chair next to the bed and walked over to this strange rectangular box that was standing on sticks and it had wheels.  He took something out of the box and put it in my lap.  It was heavy, but strangely squishy, and it wriggled around a lot.  It kind of looked like a cross between a very tiny person and a funny colored alien.  I immediately decided it was an alien and the box was its spaceship.  I didn't like aliens.  "Put it back!" I said definitively.  I wasn't sure what exactly that thing was doing here, but my parents sure seemed to like 'him' a whole lot.  They laughed and said that he was my brother and he was coming home with us.  I didn't want that to happen, but when we left the hospital I got to ride in a wheel chair with my mom and I forgot all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment