Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How to make the most out of your Pot Roast

I don't think I ever learned to cook meat the way you are taught to bake cookies or clean your room. My mom was easily distracted with so much commotion in the house that our meat was not always a high priority. It was for this reason that I began observing friends in the kitchen and trying my own approach to cooking. This involves a lot of pacing back in forth in front of the stove, second guessing and harassing friends to "be honest, how does it taste?" questions. But because of this I have learned yet another great technique... the crock-pot.

1 pot roast
1 can of chicken broth
3 potatoes
2.5 onions
6 carrots
6 pieces of celery
sprinkles of thyme, rosemary, basil, salt and pepper
crock pot away for 6hours
top with cheese

give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment