Spring Valley, IL
Albany, GA
Albany, MO
Houston, TX
Lebanon, IN
Easton, MD
Irving, NY
Rapid City, SD
Last week I was in Albany, GA and I'm currently in Albany, MO on my 4th trip in a row. Next week will be Texas which I'm excited for because I've never been to Texas. Here are some pics of my recent trip to California:
I was staying in Monterey, CA and drove down the coast on Highway 1 to Big Sur (Big South) which has been shortened from the Indian name - The big wild wilderness to the south - which encompassed the entire uninhabited area south of Monterey. The road was built in the 1930's as part of the effort to employ workers during the Great Depression. All of the bridges I drove across had a date of 1932 on them. This drive was one of the most amazing I've ever been on - it even rivaled the Amalfi Coast in Italy. As you're driving south the road curves in and out of the mountains on the left and looks down on the ocean to the right.
I'm looking forward to going back to this part of California when it's a little warmer (it was 30-50 degrees while I was there) and ideally I would like to hike up one of the mountains in Big Sur. My travel schedule right now looks like it's going to be 5 weeks on the road and then 1 week at home for the next 3 or 4 months so stay tuned for more pictures from some of the least interesting places in the US (with a few exceptions of course).
No comments:
Post a Comment