Thursday, August 16, 2012

Diary of a Road Trip: Buffalo to St. Louis

Day 2 - Buffalo to St. Louis
     Miles: 743
     Hours: 13
     Stayed with: Meg
     (Sarah's friend from
     Gordon)
     States: 6 - NY, PA, OH,
     IN, IL, and MO

Crossed over into Central Time!  This was a very long drive (or so we thought until we drove to Denver the next day).  We learned a few valuable things: 1. I prefer driving, 2. Sarah prefers not driving, 3. If you make a lot of stops your drive time HUGELY increases, and 4. We couldn't live without the new John Mayer CD for the rest of the trip.  I didn't count how many times we listened to it, but it was easily 20+. 

Upon arriving in St. Louis we briefly saw the arch.  Unfortunately we arrived after 9pm so we were too late to ride up to the top of it (even though I was warned that it closed at 9).  As a consolation prize, we sampled some local food in the form of spicy pizza and watermelon salad before crashing into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment